Please Help

December 13, 2015 24 Comments A+ a-

It's been awhile since our last post. Sorry about that. I got sick so I haven't had the chance to blog. I've been so congested and all I wanna do is sleep and have some chicken noodle soup. But thankfully I'm getting better. But I do want to ask a simple favor.
 


Last Monday, December 7, 2015, around 4:30 a.m., one of my family's home was ravaged by a second-alarm fire. Miraculously all of their lives were spared. However one of the victims is still in the hospital recovering from a second-degree burn on the left side of her body.

Unfortunately, they were not able to save anything except for the clothes that they were wearing that night. All of their hard-earned possessions were burned. Everything was turned into ashes.


Please help us in raising funds for them. This will be used to jump-start their lives after this devastating incident. All of the proceeds will go to the deposit/rental of the new apartment (they're still looking), furnishing it, and replenishing their personal necessities. It's crazy looking at their house. We just spent Christmas there a couple of years ago.
 
ABC news link : 6 hurt as fire burns

If you can, please donate to the gofund me link that my Ate Sherryl has created it would be greatly appreciated. A penny, a dollar, whatever you can, will help these families out.  Even if you cannot donate, just simple prayers and wishes will be accepted. If you can share the link on facebook or twitter too that would be great.

GoFundMe : Please donate if you can

Times like these really  make you look at life and put it into perspective. I really am grateful for everything. In a blink of an eye, everything could change. Please remember do what you can and do not take things for granted.

XOXO,
Geri

24 comments

Write comments
Unknown
AUTHOR
December 13, 2015 at 7:04 PM delete

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Especially since it is getting closer to the holidays. And with the cold weather. I'm so sorry. Glad to hear that most everyone got out okay, and I really hope your family is okay. I will be praying for you.

~Andrea Tiffany~
http://aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

Reply
avatar
Birdie Liau
AUTHOR
December 13, 2015 at 9:16 PM delete

sorry to hear about this incident, I hope everything is fine with them now. x

http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

Reply
avatar
kay
AUTHOR
December 13, 2015 at 11:57 PM delete

I am so sorry this happened to your family. I would suggest creating a go fund page and put it up on your social media for more help.

My thoughts are with your family.

www.blushingkay.com

Reply
avatar
December 14, 2015 at 5:03 AM delete

a beautiful post, we hope that the situation will be resolved soon
http://bellodiesseredonna.blogspot.it/

Reply
avatar
December 14, 2015 at 5:22 AM delete

That is devastating. I hope they could recover from their trauma. I would include them to my prayers.

Cheap Bridesmaid Dresses Online by Rosa Novias ~ Styleccentric Fashion' | BLOGLOVIN

XOXO Alyssa

Reply
avatar
December 14, 2015 at 7:28 AM delete

This is so sad especially when christmas season is coming.
All my prayers to each and everyone and families that had been affected.

The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

Reply
avatar
Naomella
AUTHOR
December 14, 2015 at 9:52 AM delete

Sad to hear that! It's not easy to start over. Wish your family just the best!

www.naomella.com

Reply
avatar
Beauty Editer
AUTHOR
December 14, 2015 at 11:21 AM delete

I absolutely adore this! Hope you have a lovely day.

** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!

NEW POST: MeNow Long Lasting Lipgloss Review and Swatches

Reply
avatar
December 14, 2015 at 4:27 PM delete

I'm so sorry about this, what a horrible tragedy and so close to holidays too. Sharing this post!

Reflection of Sanity | Palmer's Cocoa Butter Care Package Giveaway (Canada ONLY)

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
December 14, 2015 at 8:13 PM delete

This is so terrible and tragic, I hope that you guys can stay positive at times like this! I know how hard it is but understanding family is everything can make you guys stronger. Thinking of you guys, Xx

Lots of love,
Kayla Xxx
www.kaylasvibrations.blogspot.com

Reply
avatar
Lenya
AUTHOR
December 15, 2015 at 9:45 AM delete

I am so sorry about this. What a terrible tragedy to happen so close to the holidays, too. Wish you guys all the best.
xox
Lenya
FashionDreams&Lifestyle

Reply
avatar
December 15, 2015 at 11:05 AM delete

Great job on this post dear! Have a great day.

xoxo;
STYLEFORMANKIND.COM
Facebook
Bloglovin

Reply
avatar
December 15, 2015 at 11:53 AM delete

Oh, this is so terrible and tragic! I'm so sorry dear...

http://fairyland111.blogspot.com/

Reply
avatar
December 15, 2015 at 12:10 PM delete

Sorry to hear about this.
www.thestylegalaxy.com

Reply
avatar
December 15, 2015 at 4:10 PM delete

Oh, so sorry this happened. I can imagine it is more than hard and difficult for the family and hopefully the burnt member feels already better - and you after your sickness. too.
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Reply
avatar
December 15, 2015 at 7:01 PM delete

I'm so sorry to hear about this! Prayers to everyone affected by this!

Jill
Doused In Pink

Reply
avatar
chezzyrose
AUTHOR
December 15, 2015 at 9:11 PM delete

Oh so sorry about what has happened! Definitely in my prayers x Take care!
chezzyrose.com

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
December 16, 2015 at 1:25 AM delete

This happened to my family when I was 9 and it is such a terrible ordeal. I hope they can overcome such adversity with strength and fortitude.

Angie x | Chocolate & Lipstick || UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

Reply
avatar
December 16, 2015 at 4:30 AM delete

Oh no, this is terrible news and at a horrible time of year too. Hoping they can overcome this

Sxx
www.daringcoco.com

Reply
avatar
Toya's Tales
AUTHOR
December 16, 2015 at 12:59 PM delete

I hope you get well soon. Sorry to hear of your families tragedy. Will keep you and your family in my prayers and thoughts.
www.toyastales.blogspot.com

Reply
avatar
Heather Noire
AUTHOR
December 16, 2015 at 10:04 PM delete

Now is the season where many people are becoming under the weather. Hope you feel better, stay hydrated and make sure you bundle up when you venture out :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com

Reply
avatar
Rachel-Beth
AUTHOR
December 16, 2015 at 10:46 PM delete

This is such an awful thing to have happened to you and your family. I hope things get better and that you guys raise a ton of money

Rachel xx
http://www.thedailyluxe.net

Reply
avatar
Swati
AUTHOR
December 17, 2015 at 2:19 AM delete

oh...how r u now.....get well soon dear....

www.crazyaboutcolors.com

Reply
avatar